They mentioned that "If we had to raise monies to bring this kid from Thailand home...we would likely not have enough monies to raise the kid?"
(In the end our friend was thinking out loud and using his thought process and did end up saying..Then they had a change of heart <3, and decided we were doing a good thing and they would like to join us in that endeavor) [So, don't be upset, we're not.]
But, I feel i have something to say....
1. The average~~~ Retirement savings account has around 25,000 ....this is not the rainy day savings ... just retirement. [According to Christian Science Monitor]
2. Sad to say we are a bit like most Americans...But working on it! We are doing all we can to pay off debt/Not acquire more debt/ AND save up for a rainy day. AND ADOPT with OUT debt!!!
3. We believe God has called us to adopt!!!
4. We Know God will provide every need in to our calling.
5. If we did have the 30,000 sitting in our bank account as extra fun play monies (ahem, for adoption)~~~Who would we need to share in our adoption experience with?
6. (5 continued) Who, I ask, would we lean on?
7. (5 continued) Who, might we (okay, God) encourage to think about adopting (through us)?
8. The Orphan and widow are close to God's heart.
9. May be, just may be this is an exercise in our Faith?
10. Will Tony and I be faithful to God when he asked us to do something our bank account said is impossible?
If i remember right..The Creator of the Universe specializes in the Impossible!!! I Love that about my Jesus!
We love that you all are wrestling with the (as our 5 year old says "HU~Normous") cost of adopting..not to mention the emotions that go along with it!
Thanks for living life with us!
Thanks for being our community!!
Thanks for praying for our little one in Thailand!!!
Thanks for praying for our family!!!!
We Love You!!
New International Version (NIV)
16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.